Composite Regional Centre, Srinagar for Persons with disabilities came into existence in the year 2000. It is situated near Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Bemina, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir, India. It has been established by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India under the persons with disabilities (equal opportunity, protection of rights and full participation) Act 1995' which enjoins both the Central and State Governments to take large number of steps for the disabled which covers both preventive and promotional aspects of rehabilitation like education , health, employment, vocational training, research and manpower development for persons with disability.
This institution is serving the persons with all kinds of disabilities. It is one of the premier institution in the field of disabilities. This institution is catering the comprehensive rehabilitation services and special education to locomotor, speech and hearing, Mentally challenged, Visually impaired and persons with multiple disabilities through well equipped department of 1. Special Education, 2. Rehabilitation Psychology, 3. Speech & Hearing, 4. Prosthetics & Orthotics, 5. Vocational training & employment, 6. Occupational Therapy, 7. Physiotherapy and Model School for Children with special needs.
This institution is currently running various Long term (viz. 1. PGDRP, 2. BRT, 3. DRT, 4. CPO 5. In-Service Teacher's Training Course 6. B.Ed Special Education) and Short term courses in the field of rehabilitation sciences recognized and affiliated with the Rehabilitation Council of India, The University of Kashmir, Manipal University and MPBOU University.
|ADMINISTRATIVE SETUP :|
The Government of
India, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has
established National Institutes in each major area
of Disability namely (I) National Institute for
Visually Handicapped, Dehradun (II) National
Institute for Orthopeadically Handicapped, Kolkata,
(III) Ali Yavar Jung National Institute for the
Hearing Handicapped, Mumbai, (IV) National Institute
for Mentally Handicapped, Secunderabad, Andra
|THE MAIN AIMS AND OBJECTIVES :|
02. Linkages with existing medical, educational and Employment services following the principles of community based rehabilitation (CBR) and offer extension services in the rural area.
03. To provide rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities and to undertake designing fabrication and fitment of aids and appliances.
04. To serve as Resource Centre for rehabilitation and Special education of Persons with disabilities.
05. Early detection intervention and prevention of disabilities.
06. Disability evaluation and certification.
07. Vocational Training and employment.
08. Counseling, guidance and involvement of parents and family.
|SERVICES/ACTIVITIES OFFERED BY CRC, SRINAGAR :|
Photo Gallery :
From the Director's Desk
Mr. Hilal Parray (KAS)
Quick Links :
Download application form for various courses offered by Composite Regional Centre, Srinagar.